A new study by SEMPO shows that the SEO budgets of businesses both large and small are still growing with the need for improved search engine results.
The 72 page report shows the information surveyed for just under 900 companies and agencies and showed that brand/reputation building was the number 1 goal in a majority of the online SEO spending.
Despite the continual rise in social media, it seems that SEO budgets are still rising with the need to stay on top of Google Algorithm updates and the number of new businesses coming online everyday.
Google backs the use of SEO companies to provide website services for businesses such as -
- Content development
- Management of online business development campaigns
- Keyword research
- SEO training
- Expertise in specific markets and geographies
- Review and assist with site redesign and new website launches
But Google also warns against hiring SEO companies from unethical SEO's that have given the industry a bad name by using black-hat techniques to manipulate search engine results.
The top tips from Google in hiring an SEO company are -
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What's your experience in my industry?
- What's your experience in my country/city?
- What's your experience developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
Let us know if we can help you with your Website SEO and we can show you how it will benefit your business.